Digital Payments: Enabler for Job Creation, Inclusion, and Public Service Delivery in Middle East and North Africa
The COVID-19 pandemic has offered a dramatic test case for the effectiveness of digital solutions across the Middle East and North Africa region, from the Ocean to the Gulf. Together with universal and affordable broadband, the widespread availability of cashless payments is a key enabler for digital transformation and a driver for economic recovery.
The objective of this webinar, organized in partnership with the Arab Monetary Fund, is to increase awareness of how digital payments can support job creation, enhanced service delivery, and inclusion of youth and women. This webinar is the second of the MENA Tech talk series, which aims to engage with high-level decision makers, policymakers, regulators, private sector business leaders, and influencers, to share a vision and strategies to successfully foster digital transformation in the region.
The event will be livestreamed and will offer simultaneous interpretation in Arabic, English, and French. It will include a panel discussion and testimonials from civil society organizations and the private sector, a look ahead to the next step in Middle East and North Africa’s digital transformation, and a call to action to support digital payments across the region.
Introductions and opening remarks:
- Mr. Nadir Mohammed, Regional Director, Middle East and North Africa, World Bank
- Mr. Ferid Belhaj, Regional Vice President, Middle East and North Africa, World Bank
- Dr. Abdulrahman Al Hamidy, Chairman, Arab Monetary Fund
- Dr. Marouane El Abassi, Governor of the Central Bank of Tunisia
- Mr. Ashraf Sabry, Chief Executive Officer of Fawry, Egypt
- Ms. Khawla Abu Sarara, Head of Payments System Division, National Aid Fund, Jordan
Mr. Jean Pesme, Global Director for Finance, World Bank
Join us for the live conversation on May 6th.
Be sure to sign up for an email reminder!