WATCH THE REPLAY
The Disaster that Never Happened - Can Resilient Infrastructure Help Save the World?
From severe flooding in South Asia, record-breaking hurricanes in the Caribbean and violent earthquakes in Mexico, to heavy rain and landslides in Sierra Leone – recent disasters have left a trail of devastation across the globe. With more infrastructure likely to be built in the next 20 years than the last two millennia, leaders from the private sector and policy makers will gather on the International Day for Disaster Reduction to explore how we can make these investments more resilient. Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Group, will deliver a keynote address.
This event is hosted by the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery GFDRR), and is part of the ongoing Resilience Dialogue series, which promotes awareness and action for building resilience.
OCTOBER 9-15, 2023
- Watch the 2023 Annual Meetings
- Inclusive Digital Transformation in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Balancing Act: Jobs and Wages in the Middle East and North Africa
- Delivering Growth to People through Better Jobs in Africa
- Services for Development in East Asia and Pacific
- Toward Faster, Cleaner Growth in South Asia