WATCH THE REPLAY
SDGs and Her Award Event
The United Nations is marking its 75th anniversary in 2020 at a time of great disruption as the COVID19 pandemic and the ensuing severe social and economic impacts upset markets, livelihoods and the wellbeing of millions. The year also coincides with the launch of the Decade of Action to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 and protect countries’ hard-won development gains. Amidst global efforts to seek actions and solutions, women, particularly woman entrepreneurs, play a vital role in both tackling the pandemic and helping achieve the SDGs.
The World Bank, in partnership with UNDP, UN Women, and the Wharton School Zicklin Center, will hold a virtual award event on September 30, 2020, on the margins of the 75th session of the UNGA, to recognize seven woman entrepreneurs. These inspirational women were selected from a pool of 2,400 applicants from around the world that competed in the 2020 SDGs and Her competition. This year’s winners are using their entrepreneurial skills to not only support the SDGs through their business leadership, but also to fight back and thrive despite the health crisis. Read about the winners and their inspirational stories here.
OCTOBER 9-15, 2023
- Watch the 2023 Annual Meetings
- Inclusive Digital Transformation in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Balancing Act: Jobs and Wages in the Middle East and North Africa
- Delivering Growth to People through Better Jobs in Africa
- Services for Development in East Asia and Pacific
- Toward Faster, Cleaner Growth in South Asia