WATCH THE REPLAY
Disrupting Development: Digital Platforms and Innovation
Online platforms are quickly transforming the way we conduct business, shop for everyday products, look for a job, catch up with friends, or access public services.
The shift is global, and is having a profound impact on people and the economy. E-commerce is poised to become a $6-trillion market by 2021. More than 1/5 of the world’s population has an account on at least one social network. And many governments now have websites that allow individuals to file their taxes or register a company.
This could be a game changer for developing countries. The expansion of digital platforms can spur economic growth through the emergence of entirely new business models, promote meaningful interaction between governments and citizens, and provide innovative solutions to complex development challenges.
So how can me make the most of these opportunities? And how can countries create the right conditions to support effective, secure, and inclusive digital platforms? Join our distinguished lineup of public and private leaders to discuss!
OCTOBER 9-15, 2023
- Watch the 2023 Annual Meetings
- Inclusive Digital Transformation in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Balancing Act: Jobs and Wages in the Middle East and North Africa
- Delivering Growth to People through Better Jobs in Africa
- Services for Development in East Asia and Pacific
- Toward Faster, Cleaner Growth in South Asia
Correspondent, BBC Asia Business