WATCH THE REPLAY
Future of Food: A Conversation about Shaping a Climate-Smart Food System
Droughts, floods and rising temperatures are cutting crop yields, threatening food supply and pushing people deeper into poverty. With climate change affecting food production, how will we feed 9 billion people by 2050?
The World Bank Group is continuing the conversation on the “Future of Food” to explore ways in which the food system can become climate-smart. What climate-smart practices can farmers adopt to boost productivity and resilience while reducing emissions? What roles can chefs, food processors and researchers in gastronomy play in tackling climate change? How can we prioritize investments in climate-smart agriculture?
Hear from celebrated Peruvian chef Gaston Acurio, Jim Yong Kim, and others on the different ways we can work together to shape a climate-smart food system that can feed the world.
OCTOBER 9-15, 2023
- Watch the 2023 Annual Meetings
- Inclusive Digital Transformation in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Balancing Act: Jobs and Wages in the Middle East and North Africa
- Delivering Growth to People through Better Jobs in Africa
- Services for Development in East Asia and Pacific
- Toward Faster, Cleaner Growth in South Asia