World Development Report 2016: Digital Dividends
Follow the event on Twitter with #wdr2016
Date: Thursday, January 14th, 2016
Time: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (ET) / 15:30 - 17:00 (GMT) or convert time
Location: International Finance Corporation (IFC), World Bank Group & Online
Digital technologies have boosted growth, expanded opportunities, and improved service delivery. Yet their development benefits have fallen short and are unevenly distributed. For digital technologies to benefit everyone everywhere requires closing the remaining digital divide, especially in internet access. But to get the most out of the digital revolution, countries also need to work on strengthening regulations that ensure competition among businesses, adapting workers’ skills to the demands of the new economy, and ensuring that institutions are accountable.
Join us LIVE on January 14th at 10:30am ET for a panel discussion on how the internet can be a force for development!
- Website: World Development Report 2016: Digital Dividends
- Concept Note: World Development Report 2016
- Blog: Development in the Digital Age (Kaushik Basu)
- Medium Blog: Digital Revolution Needs Offline Help to Realize its Potential
- Presentation: World Development Report 2016
This event has concluded.
Watch the replay!