This page in:
FACEBOOK LIVE: Q&A with the 2019 Young Professionals Program
Online, World Bank Headquarters, Washington DC
This Event has Concluded.
Read the comments below!
WATCH THE REPLAY! Click here to watch the full interview
The Young Professional Program (YPP) will be accepting applications from June 1- June 30, 2019 for the 2020 YP Cohort. Please click here to YPP website.
On June 10th at 10am ET, we will host a Facebook Live on the World Bank Facebook page with World Bank Group representatives from Human Resources as well as Young Professionals in the program who will take your questions live! Feel free to start asking your questions in advance on this page!
About the Program
For more than 54 years, the Young Professionals Program has been the preeminent program preparing global development leaders. It is a unique opportunity for younger talent who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group. To be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1987
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others.
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage qualified women and men with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Since its inception, the YP program has hired over 1,800 people who hold or have held positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors. It is a unique opportunity to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank's operations and policies.