Until his appointment to the Finance Ministry, Claver Gatete served as Governor of the National Bank of Rwanda since May 2011. He is not new to the Ministry of Finance which he served in as Secretary General and Secretary to the Treasury from 2003 to 2005. From 2001 to 2003, he worked in the Office of the President as a Personal Representative of the President on NEPAD Steering Committee; Coordinator of the National African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM), member of the APR National Commission; and Member of the NEPAD’s African Partnership Forum (APF). Before joining the Office of the President, Claver Gatete worked with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) – Kigali-Rwanda as a National Economist. He holds a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics from the University of British Columbia in Canada.
Minister of Finance and Economic Planning, Rwanda
- Land Governance and Climate-Smart Agriculture 04/18/2015
- Financing Development in Fragile and Conflict-Affected States: Challenges and Opportunities 10/10/2014
- Africa: Sharing Economic Growth Broadly: New Challenges for the Continent 10/09/2014
- Increase Agricultural Productivity in Africa 04/12/2014
- Accroître la productivité agricole de l’Afrique 04/12/2014