Facebook Live: Q&A with World Bank Young Professionals Program
Follow the event on Twitter with #WBLive
Date: Thursday, June 22, 2017
Time: 9-10 a.m. ET/13:00-14:00 GMT
Would you like to have a real impact on poverty reduction, have a global career and a global reach, work with a truly diverse group, work in teams to bring sustainable solutions to our clients, and work in a place of excellence?
If so, consider joining the World Bank Group through the Young Professionals Program (YPP). This program is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group.
On June 22nd, join us for a Facebook Live with World Bank Group representatives from Human Resources as well as Young Professionals in the program will take your questions live.
Visit this link on Facebook to sign up for a reminder when the event goes live!About the program
For more than 53 years, the Young Professionals Program has been the preeminent program preparing global development leaders. It is a unique opportunity for younger talent who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group. To be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
• Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
• Be born on or after October 1, 1985
• A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
• Fluency in English
• Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required
• Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
• At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage qualified women and men with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Since its inception, the YP program has hired over 1,800 people who hold or have held positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors. It is a unique opportunity to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank's operations and policies.
For more information and to apply, visit the YPP website and submit your application between June 14 and July 28, 2017.
Watch the Replay!
Leave your questions/comments below.