Mapping & Technology to Improve Governance of Natural Resources - Liveblog & webcast
Tuesday December 6, 2011
Several organizations have been increasingly using interactive mapping tools to promote transparency and good governance in a variety of natural resource sectors. Governance experts, extractive industries practitioners, software developers, technology experts and mapping professionals don’t always have opportunities to share experiences and learn from each other.
Replay the liveblog to hear what the panelists below had to say about how the latest interactive mapping platforms and tools are promoting transparency, engaging citizens and monitor the impacts of extractive activities.
- Marinke van Riet, International Director, Publish What You Pay
- James Duncan, World Bank Institute, Mapping for Transparency and The Extractive Industries Map of Ghana
- Matthew Steil, World Resources Institute
- Leo Bottrill, World Wildlife Fund
- Charles Huang, World Wildlife Fund
- Alex Barth, Development Seed, Developer and Strategist