Lessons from Ebola: Toward a Post-2015 Strategy for Pandemic Response
Time: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET (21:00 - 22:00 GMT or convert time)
Location: Georgetown University & Online
This event has concluded. View the replay above.
Jim Yong Kim, President of the World Bank Group, will deliver Georgetown’s inaugural Global Futures lecture.
The lecture, “Lessons from Ebola: A post-2015 strategy for pandemic response,” will kick off a semester-long conversation about the “Global Future of Development” at Georgetown as part of the university’s new Global Futures Initiative.
His talk on Jan. 27 will connect ongoing efforts to stop the spread of infection in West Africa with longer-term efforts to improve public health systems that support economic and social development in countries vulnerable to future pandemics.
- Ebola: Most African Countries Avoid Major Economic Loss but Impact on Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone Remains Crippling
- Podcast: Ebola Cases Drop, but Disease Continues to Cripple Economies
- World Bank Group Ebola Response Fact Sheet
- President's Delivery Unit: World Bank Ebola Crisis Response
- Global Ebola Response Resource Tracking
- Replay World Bank Live: Impact of the Ebola Crisis: A Perspective from the Countries
- Replay World Bank Live: Heads of UN, World Bank Group, IMF & WHO on Global Ebola Response