Tariq Khokhar joined the World Bank in June 2011 as our Open Data Evangelist. His interests lie where technology, transparency, poverty and data meet. Prior to joining the Bank , Tariq led innovation and community engagement work at Aidinfo and the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI). He was formerly a director of Bond UK and the Chief Development Officer of Aptivate, where he delivered technology policy, strategy and implementation projects for governments, NGOs and international organisations across the developing world. Tariq is a graduate of the University of Cambridge and he lives in Washington DC with his wife.
Follow Tariq on Twitter @TKB
- Vivek Kundra on Putting Open Government into Action - Liveblog & webcast, February 23, 2012
- The Open Government Partnership: Liveblog & webcast, February 14, 2012
- Open Government and Transparency: The UK Experience - Liveblog & webcast, January 30, 2012
- How countries can start and run open government data ecosystems - Liveblog & webcast, December 14, 2011
- Q&A: The future of open data, September 13, 2011
This page was last updated on August 28, 2011 and may not reflect the expert's current job description or title.