Anabel González is Senior Director of the World Bank Group Global Practice on Trade and Competitiveness. In this capacity, she leads a team of 500 people to design and implement the World Bank Group's global and country agenda in the areas of trade, investment climate, competitiveness, innovation and entrepreneurship. Anabel served as Costa Rica’s Minister of Foreign Trade from 2010 to 2014. During her tenure, she led Costa Rica’s efforts to join the OECD, negotiated, approved, and implemented six major free trade agreements, and implemented investment climate enhancement policies that contributed to attracting over 140 new investment projects. Anabel is the current Chair of the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Competitiveness.
Senior Director, Trade & Competitiveness, World Bank Group
- Taking the Reins: Linking Women-Owned Businesses in Developing Countries to Growth 10/13/2015
- Building African Participation in Global Value Chains 04/16/2015
- L’Afrique au cœur de la chaîne de production mondiale 04/16/2015
- Transforming World Trade: Global Value Chains and Development 10/10/2014
- Transformar el comercio mundial: Cadenas mundiales de valor y desarrollo 10/10/2014
- African Youth Forum 2014 07/31/2014