Catalyzing Private Finance for Development
Highlights Video (5:41 mins)
Follow the event on Twitter with #Fin4Dev
Date: Friday, October 7, 2016
Time: 19:00-20:15 GMT/ 3:00pm-4:15pm ET or convert time
Location: JDW Atrium, WBG Headquarters, Washington DC
The culmination of a series of four sessions that provides a multi-faceted view of the challenges and opportunities of mobilizing private finance for development. This flagship event focuses on mobilizing and re-orienting private finance to the SDGs, one of the prominent challenges of our time. It will bring together policy makers, private sector executives, civil society representatives and development practitioners to take stock of existing mobilization efforts, discuss implementation challenges, and the transformative actions needed to overcome these. Key questions to be addressed include:
· How can public-private alliances support healthy, transparent markets and resilient societies?
· Which financial innovations can best support long-term sustainable investments?
· Which policies and instruments are needed to crowd-in private finance?
· What examples exist and how can they be mainstreamed and scaled up?
· Why is this a good time for private investors and what are the opportunities?
Full Event Video (1:12:59 mins)
This Event Has Concluded.
Watch the Replay.